Saturday, December 20, 2008

Apronista, or tie one on, or sweater girl?













I have been super busy today finishing the ruffled apron (so easy) and knitting the last 2 rows of the back section of this short sleeve sweater. I pinned the pieces on to Bella, my dressform, and hopefully I can get it sewn together before Christmas (I always make myself a Christmas present & this sweater is it - I started knitting it in Sept and I only knit off and on, plus I admit I am a very slow knitter.) I love the abstract and avant-guarde look of this sweater,(pattern appears in the Berroco Linen Jeans book #270) and I know it will be a very wearable style for Florida living. I iced the sugar cookies that I made yesterday and right now the Scottish shortbread is in the oven. What a pain shortbread is - you have to knead the dough with your hands and although I love to knead bread dough (and do it once or twice every week), this dough was so dry that it just kept crumbling. Dan specifically asked me to make it as his Scottish grandmother used to make it every holiday season when he was a little boy. I now need to tidy up my studio and it will be time for a glass of wine. This evening there is a pro football game on tv and of course, Dan will watch it. I want to finish a knitted washcloth to put in his stocking and maybe work on a layout.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love, love, love your apron!!! Found you via Tie One On = }