Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Monday







This morning has been super busy - laundry, some photos, some house cleaning, emails, and blogging (guess what, I won a copy of Memory Makers magazine on http://creativeblessing.blogspot.com/ . I enjoy her blog and love her style of scrapping. She is a Memory Makers Master this year and really deserves it: her little blog tutorials are inspiring.) Now I'm ready to continue laying out my quilt and wall hanging in greens and yellows. I started on Saturday (I already had the fabrics pulled from my stash and a few bought in the fall and a few that a friend gave me) by drafting the pattern and templates. the quilt is one I saw in a Pottery Barn (I think) catalog and the wall hanging is a tessellation idea that I saw a long time ago (while we were cruising) in a borrowed New Zealand quilting magazine (I have already made it twice, once in lavendars and muted greens (spring lilacs were the inspiration) and once in reds, dark pinks and strong greens (poinsettias). This time it will be in a full range of yellows (think sunflowers or daffodils). I always enjoy the design process of quilting more than any other part - I guess that's why I have several quilts all designed and cut out but not finished. LOL.

No comments: