Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy new year












It's cloudy, windy and cool here today - a front went through this morning - so I'm scrapping, planning, and finishing my expense accounting for the year. One of my goals this year is to "not buy it" (have you read the book Not Buying It - I think the idea is great but it will be hard as I find myself tempted by some many things I see on blogs) so I thought I would go through my supplies and put together some "kits". It's funny how you forget some of your supplies or how if you just lay them out, you discover some really unusual color and pattern combos. My first "not buying it" is creating some reminders for me with my word REALIZE - I made a little wallhanging to put up over my desk and I strung some metal letters on a chain to wear as a necklace. I would love one of Lisa Leonards necklaces http://lisaleonardonline.com/ but unless I win one on Ali Edwards's blog, my homemade necklace will have to do.
I took a photo of some gorgeous recycled silk yarn that I bought several years ago - I have done a little "red" decorating around the house and I put out a basket of yarn. I finished my Leilani sweater and now I am ready to begin a new project. Not to worry, I have several in my studio already.
I finished a layout about Paul, our favorite French bistro in West Palm and a layout for the December challenge on the Storyteller challenge blog. I saw that the OLW challenge was start and I am thinking about it.
Have a great day.

No comments: