Friday, February 27, 2009

Art journaling con't




I am learning so much in the Art Journaling 102 class - I am doing things that I have never attempted before, like image transfers. I had no idea how easy they are to do: the middle page is an ink jet transfer and the bottom is a laser copier transfer. I am using Omni Gel as I purchased a bottle a couple of years ago when I took a BPS class with Carol Wingert. We did one image transfer and it didn't come out very well so I never did any more. These two came out just great. I am also quite pleased with the gessoed and painted background on the bottom page - I was trying to do something that looked sort of old like patinaed brass. I used the painted and sprayed silhouettes from yesterday's pages on the top page along with a poem I have had laying on my desk for a while. the cardboard is what I used to create texture on some of the other pages and then it just seemed to need the flowers and stitching. Dina Wakley is such a great teacher and I am really looking forward to the next 2 weeks of classes.


No comments: