Monday, February 23, 2009

Classes classes classes

My watercolor class this morning was great fun - working on palm trees which, of course, in Florida is a must. Since there are several varieties of palms and the fronds are quite different, we spent quite a while practicing different styles.
When I got home, I decided to sign up for Dina Wakely's Art Journaling 102 on Debbie Hodge's Get it scrapped website. I have been debating this for a while - the wanting vs. the NOT BUYING IT pledge, and today I decided that I could scrounge the funds from another category and do it. (I know, rationalization!!!) I am super excited about the class and fortunately I have all the supplies except for the water soluble oil pastels (which Dina says you can get at Staples for less than $5). We will be using spray inks and I have some glimmer mist (although she really likes the Tim Holtz stuff so that's on my wishlist).
I'm finishing up some layouts to submit to the Graphic45 DT call and some ATCs for 2 SIS swaps. Tomorrow morning I work at the bookstore and then I will go thrifting on my way home. I will post some pix tomorrow.

No comments: