Saturday, March 7, 2009

The early bird ...

Good morning! My DH is volunteering at the Honda Classic golf tournament in West Palm this weekend so he had to get up at 5am to go down - unfortunately or fortunately I also woke up and actually got up then so I have been webbing and creating this morning. I actually made this little felt, lace, and button dress yesterday afternoon. I was totally inspired by Ranjini Manhoti 's(sp) tutorial on button dresses in a year of color blog. I can see myself making these for presents this year. I have lots of buttons for lots of color monos or combos.
I made this layout this morning - for both the Category Stories blog (precious) and the Lotus paperie blog (format) - I used a paper towel that I had used to blot glimmer mist, a doily I had used as a mask for glimmer mist, part of a Publix flyer, 7 gypsies words, and Heidi Swapp old rub on letters (the ones that don't work very well) The totally awesome flower came in the RAK that I won from Flotsom and Jetsom blog - so cool!

This is my assignment to do layers for the Art Journaling 102 class - it has 11 layers: gesso, green and turquoise paint, blue paint on bubble wrap, lavendar paint on cardboard, living planet sticker (from some new capris), dictionary pages, image stamping, writing, yellow paint (I used a Heidi Swapp old old star mask but it didn't stick so I just smeared the paint), letter stamping, and charms. What a fun project - I ate breakfast and did some tasks while letting the paint dry between coats.
Looks like it will be a beautiful day - it's 9:30 am so I'd better get dressed and make a pot of tea - with getting up at 5am, breakfast seems a long time ago. LOL!


1 comment:

Diane said...

Great work. I love your colour combo and the black stamping.