I painted an abstract and my instructor told me that it was really 2 smaller paintings so I cut it apart and played a little with the one part. The painting was a weird size so I wanted to get it up to a normal size for a frame so I cut it into even more pieces and mounted them on some scrap w/c paper and then cut out a branch from some unusual paper that I had bought at a thrift store.
This is the other half of the abstract- it has a very landscrapey look to me.
Here are some pieces of the beautiful fabrics I purchased Sat (on the left) and some from my stash. I am cutting out a new quilt for our bed.
Here are some of the blocks cut out on my design wall. Right now I have about half of the quilt cut out.
I am almost finished with a scrap layout for the newest Creative Type challenge - numbers. Right now I am waiting for a drawing I did for the layout to dry - I soaked it in coffee.
It is finally raining here - we had a really really dry winter and spring so the front that came in yesterday and is stalled over us is very welcome. It rained quite a bit yesterday and this morning when I went out to my car, I could actually see that the grass had grown overnight and the plants have fluorescent green tips as they are shooting out baby leaves. Hopefully I can get some photos of the incredible colors in the next few days.
Have a great day!