Monday, June 29, 2009

Gallery of work for Cosmo Cricket Dt submission

This specific posting is for the Cosmo Cricket Design Team submission. Their requirements are to post some of your best layouts, and although I would have liked to show more layouts with different techniques, Blogger will only let me post so many photos so here they are. I love to use color as an element in my layouts and I guess my style is somewhat eclectic in that I use all kinds of techniques and embellishments to enhance my photos and to tell my stories. In the top photo, I handcut the flowers from patterned papers and added some fabric yo yos.
This layout utilizes Cosmo Cricket Fleuriste papers along with a handmade fabric flower for which I have presented a tutorial on the SIS forum. I love the soft colors and patterns of this paper. I really enjoy the colors and patterns of the Cosmo Cricket line but since we have no LSS, my only source for it is online.

I also like to use vintage family photos in my layouts and mix lots of different elements.

I created fabric flowers for this layout and added a label from a bag of tomatoes.

This is a wallhanging with a fabric flower (larger version of the one on the 2nd layout). I added the mesh from a bag of tangerines, a big felt C, some buttons, and ribbons.
Hope your enjoyed these layouts and thanks for looking.
I generally post once or twice a week with layouts and projects as I do them, and I occasionally do tutorials demonstrating my techniques so be sure to check back often.



2 comments:

Marit said...

I left you an award on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

LOve..love..love your creativity..so inspiring!!Loved your tutorails on the flowers..just couldn't make it in time...but I will!!
Great blog!