Thursday, July 30, 2009

NEW LAYOUTS - TAAFOMFT AND OLW

today was an incredibly busy day starting with doing the substitute posting on http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/ for Julie who is on vacation. She is so vibrant and charming that I could never do it the way she does but I was very positive and lively, and added lots of smileys (her trademark). The challenge this time is what is your favorite flower and as you can see, I picked Peonies - I found an incredible poem by Mary Oliver to use lines from (and posted the entire poem on the back so I can always remember it) and used some antique lace and a doily and also some K&Co Amy Butler stuff along with some Amy Butler fabric cutouts. come have some fun with us and show us your favorite flower - the DT did some fabulous stuff, layouts and 2 projects, and they are awesome!!!!!
I did this layout for the latest OLW challenge SWEET. I immediately thought of the fabulous def leppard song "Pour some sugar on me" and I was totally inspired. I used a striped piece of pp and painted on some gesso and some yellow and hot pink acrylic paint. Then while the paint was still wet, I laid on some funky yarn and some yellow sequins that I had won from KIMBO for NSD. We had bought some peaches while we were in NC and they were the perfect photo op so......

I have been painting like a mad woman and finished one painting today and am almost finished with a large mixed media piece - I will post both of them on Sunday.
Tomorrow I have to go to Miami to pick up my son at the airport as he returns from Buenos Aires.
ttfn


No comments: