Monday, August 31, 2009

And now for something completely different

Sometimes you just have to do something totally different so . . . . on Friday I was looking at the latest Lotuspaperie challenge and it was to alter something. I admit I am not a big alterer but I decided to give it a try - but I didn't want to do a book so I looked around the house for something that called out to me. I was looking through my candle and candle holder cabinet (different ones for different seasons and color combos) and spied this old resin holder with glass globe and knew that this was a project wanting to happen. I first covered the blue glass globe with some artfully cut old Ki memories lace paper and then I went crazy with ribbons, flowers, leaves, bling, some embellishments, a charm, and finally a piece of pink and white vintage tatted lace.
This was so much fun!!!!!!!
A busy day today but tonight I have been working on the latest Scrapping the Music challenge. I have never done one of theirs before but the song this week Mr Blue Sky appeals to me and I got a funky idea for it so I got most of it done - but I ran out of "e'"s and I need to look for 2 more for my song lyric. Tomorrow I work at the book store and then I have to run a bunch of errands on the way home so I know I will be tired but hopefully I can get this finished.
Yesterday I finished piecing the poinsettia table runner and began to cut out the poinsettia applique pieces but I ran out of fusible backing so I need to get some tomorrow after work. I am very pleased with how the table runner is coming out and it will be nice to have it done long before the holidays. I need to get started on making presents - I have several ideas on some things to sew.
Have a good week and thanks for looking.
ttfn


6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!!! Seriously.....will U stop?!?!?!?!?! U absolutely AMAZE me with your TALENT....I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! WOW WOW WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

That is just WAY too cute! :-)

I sooo ♥ Mr Blue Sky, too, & am trying to find time to play along! I can't wait to see what you create for it! I'm just SURE it will be amazing! :-)

sarah said...

your work always amazes me!!!!!!!! that is GORGEOUS.

i'm not that great at altered items, so thanks for all the inspo!

keep it up.

hugs,
sarah.

Lisa said...

Hey there! I stopped by for a different reason, but before I get to it can I just say OMGoodness! Heavens, you did a wonderful job with the altered candle holder! You are unbelievably talented!!!

Now for the reason I stopped by. With my back/neck issues, I haven't been online very much lately. So I kinda missed you LO for Forward Progress. Rather than just leave a comment at SIS, I decided to come by here and let you know how much I appreciate you playing along! I know this may sound silly, but I had a little tear in my eye when I saw you had participated. THEN, I went to view your LO and I REALLY began to cry. LOL! What a wonderful way to document a horrible event. I love how you took the prompt and applied it to your life. That's EXACTLY what we want everyone to do. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for playing along. xoxo L

Kari said...

This is so cool! I love it:)
Chris, could you please email me at artsy_mama@hotmail.com I can't find your email for some reason. I'd like to chat about YOC.
Thanks!
Kari

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

THAT IS one of the most favorite things I have ever seen!!!!!!!!! I love it!!! WOW <3 and congrats on the DT!!! Hugs Jamie