Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blogging for Bliss party!!!!!!!



Good morning and welcome to my blog . Thanks to Kari http://www.artsymama.com/2009/08/blogging-for-bliss-book-release-party.html
for starting the party and all of her work coordinating things. If you don't already ready her blog, be sure to head on over there as her blog is always full of beautiful pictures, happy thoughts, and inspiring ideas, which is exactly what I would hope my blog could be (isn't that what we all want?) I'm a little late to the blogging thing (only begun last September) but I have embraced it with lots of enthusiasm. I love to read what other bloggers-crafters-artists are doing and I just wanted to join their community and share my creations and thoughts about anything and everything, but especially art and craft. I was really inspired by a copy of Artful Blogging last summer and was determined to learn the basics and get blogging. I hope someday my blog will be beautiful enough to be in the magazine but for now I know that it's better than it was. The book Blogging for Bliss sounds like it would be very helpful for me so I will suggest that our library purchase it (you can read more about the book on Kari's blog).
I took the above photos at the Dothan AL Botanic Gardens - such a beautiful and peaceful place and would you believe, once I went on the circular path that connects all of the individual types of gardens, I never saw another person until I came almost full circle back to the entrance. It was enchanting, like being in the forest all alone, just me and the fairies and elves. The Japanese garden with its Koi pond and bridge was so lovely - I took lots of photos and plan to do some watercolors of the fish and pond. The hydrangea garden had varieties that I had never seen before but it was very difficult to capture the subtle colors of the varigated species in photos. The whole walk around the gardens was one of the most peaceful and spiritual experiences I have had in quite a while. I tend to get caught up in the busy-ness of everyday life and even though I try to spend some time each morning meditating and praying, it's always a such a release and revelation to be alone with Nature and God (or possibly the Spirit of All Things, the Creative Spirit, the Mother, the Father). I felt so renewed, like a child, full of energy and creativity.
Anyway.....have a wonderful day, and go forth and create!

12 comments:

Claudia said...

So nice to discover your blog through this party. I, too, am inspired by all the creative blogs out there. Thanks for sharing your blog story!

Junque Couture said...

Talented, you are!

Anonymous said...

Good morning chickadee!!
Love your blog! thanks for sharing your story of how your blog came along!

Big Mermaid Hugs

toodles-
Sarah

ps come to my party!

Free Art Printables said...

Lovely things here! Nice to meet you! Jen

Kari said...

What gorgeous photos! Thanks so much for playing today.
Cheers to blogging!
Kari

Rosy Lady said...

What a lovely colourful blog you have! Happy blog party and best wishes with your blogging and painting ventures!

Kathleen said...

Your work is gorgeous! I really enjoyed your blog. Happy to discover it through the Blogging for Bliss party. Thanks for sharing.
Kind regards,
Kathleen

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

Hello hello!! So happy that you popped by my blog! Now I have YOUR blog to visit as well!! Loving all of the color!! Hooray for Tara's book!! Hooray for blogland!!

Love from the Jersey Shore!
xoxo Jenny

Deana said...

Your beautiful flower photos made me smile.... :-)

Have a great weekend, Chris! :-)

sarah said...

i'd say good morning back, but it's now afternoon. haha.

anyway, just wnated to say hello and LOVE the photos. beautiful shots you've got there.

hope you have a wonderful weekend.

hugs,
sarah.

Lisa said...

Such beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing your reasons for blogging and your goals for the future. I think you are well on your way to having your blog published...it is so full of beauty. Every time I visit I am amazed by your gorgeous work! xoxo L

Emine said...

Love the pictures and thank you for your comment on my blog. I really appreciate it.

xoxo
Emine