Friday, August 21, 2009

Please vote for me

I am a finalist on the Lotuspaperie blog for July so please please follow this link http://lotuspaperie.blogspot.com/ and vote for my layout - upper right corner - Window - Chris A. this is kind of strange as it's the third time in five months that I made their finalist list but I never read my flickr mail so I didn't realize it and never asked for votes. One really cool thing is that one of the other finalists, Jenneke, is also on the These are a few of my favorite things blog - she is a superb scrapper and I love her work. By the way, be sure to post a layout of your favorite movie or movie quote on our comments at TAAFOMFT by Aug 29. We have a great prize.
I did these layouts for the Butterfly Crafts cybercrop last weekend - above Mane was for the Hairspray challenge - look at that hair, wild and curly. Dan always called it the Mane!
This layout Cats was for the High School musical challenge and I may enter in the Cafe Mojo challenge for blue and brown. Dan and I went to see Cats when we lived in Denver, and we sat on the first row - it was incredible as the cats came out from under the stage and actually walked (crawled, danced, slunk) right up to us and put their faces up to ours like they were sniffing us - Just totally fantastic!!!!!
This layout Summer Nights was for the Grease challenge and you had to use the name of a song from the musical as your title. The photo and ticket stub came from a Tampa Bay Devil Rays - NY Yankees game a couple of years ago when the Rays still had Devil in their name. Dan is a rabid Yankees fan and follows them obsessively!!!!!
I am really enjoying the Delight misting, painting minibook class by Vee Jennings and will post my minibook this weekend.
OMG, I almost forgot to mention the return of Project Runway!!!!!!!!!!!!I watched the All Star special (and did not agree with the winner at all) and then TA DA! the first episode of this season. I wondered if they selected the loser as a ringer as she was totally wacked out - I could see nothing redeeming in her outfit and was not surprised when she was AUFFED.
I have a busy weekend - I have to work at the gift shop for a while tomorrow but I will be spending quite a bit of time in my studio as there are 3 DT searches that I plan on entering and I need to finish a painting that I started on Thursday in my watercolor class and I want to finish the Delight minibook.
Have a great Friday night!!!!!



5 comments:

Jenneke said...

Congrats Chris!!! I LOVE your Lotus layout and I think (expect!) you are going to win!! Good luck!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

XXXJenneke

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Me and Brian voted...hehehehehehe....can U guess who for???? LOL!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the lo's and HOLY FLIPPIN' cool that the CATS came right up to U....that is ONE SHOW I always wanted to see!!!!!!! Thanks for playing along with CAFE MOJO!:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Studio Scrap Craft said...

Lindos!!!! lindos!!!!!Parabéns!!!!!

sarah said...

Congrats again Chris!!! I voted (and made sure that my friend voted for Jenneke as well) hehe!

anyways, love those layouts!! beautiful. your work is always so inspirational.

hugs,
sarah.

Deana said...

LOVE your LO's & yes, I already voted! :-)

That mane LO is great... who didn't have big, curly hair in the 80's? I had huge hair. :-)

Oh & who did you want to win the Allstar Challenge? I would've liked to have seen Korto win. So glad that show is back on... :-)