Saturday, August 15, 2009

TAAFOMFT challenge #3

The third challenge for http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/ is up - what's your favorite movie or movie quote? I had a difficult time because I like so many different movies for so many different reasons and I actually did a layout (which I will post tomorrow) but then a few days later, I was in my studio and spied this little birdcage for which I had paid 25 cents at a garage sale recently. Wheels started turning in my head, then I saw the fuchsia and orange scrungie, and they became hot wheels - the Bird Cage - I went crazy and thanks to Kimbo on SIS and the wild glitzie stuff that she had sent me (because you have to admit glitz is not my style), this came together in an afternoon. I had bought the feathers at Hobby Lobby while on vacation and the little flamingo had been given to me as a freebie from a quilt shop (it's actually a button but how in the world could you ever use it???). Since I live
in south Florida, sometimes when there's a lull in the conversation, someone says, "how bout them Dolphins?" and we all laugh. We were out of the US when the movie came out but when we returned, it was one of the movies that my son recommended we view - and we laughed until we were exhausted!!!!!!
Hope you come over to These are a few of my Favorite Things and see the fabulous stuff done by the DT and the GD - what an incredible group of designers and I am so lucky to get to be part of them (thank you Julie!!!!!)!!!!!!!!! Come play with us - at the Movies!!!!!!
Today is my anniversary and we are going to a fabulous restaurant for dinner.
Hope you have a great evening and I will be back tomorrow. I have been scrapping like a maniac the last few days so I have quite a few unposted layouts, and I finished a watercolor painting of an iris on Thursday. I am planning another orchid painting right now.
I have had a wallquilt tutorial on the Year of Color blog this past week so if you subscribe, I hope you enjoyed it. I will post it here at a later time.


6 comments:

Deana said...

I ♥ your bird cage (& that movie) SO MUCH! So creative, fun & colorful!!!

So glad to hear you had a wonderful anniversary dinner this evening and I know you were celebrating for more than 1 reason!

Hugs ♥...

Deana said...

Oh, btw... I noticed on a thread in the SIS forum that you signed up for Vee's online class. So... I signed up, too! Her style is so cool & since I really want to get better at masking, I figured at $10 it was worth it! So, I'll see you in class! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooooooo LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!! I secretly WISH I was a Fashionista just this one week....sooooooooooooo I COULD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CATWALK THIS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Katrina Hunt said...

That cage is awesome!!! I love it!

Darien said...

This cage is totally fabulous!!! Very impressive!!! WOW!!!!! You are so talented!

Unknown said...

This is neat, I get to see the creations you talk about at our experimental art group. I like the way you think!