Monday, November 30, 2009

What's your favorite holiday and some other stuff

It's that time of the month again for a new challenge at http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/ - come check out the 3 winners for the last challenge (totally brilliant!!!!!!) and the DT layouts for this challenge - what is your favorite holiday? Most of the DT picked Christmas but I think Thanksgiving is probably my favorite (I do love Christmas though but I have quite a few not-so-happy childhood memories about Christmas) - anyway, to me Thanksgiving is all about sharing food and love with family and friends - no presents, no expectations, no let down afterwards - all gain and no pain!!!!! LOL!
I created this paper doll for Bad Girls project 52 - she is a self-portrait showing the pain and indecision of the creative process and the joy of the birth of an ideaa. She is made of paper with brad joints, her arms and legs have journaling about indecision (on the one hand and but on the other) and the direction in which to go (where am I going and if the shoe fits), her dress is tissue paper and a crocheted doily, her hair is from a doll, the stand is an old Barbie one, her heart is a silver charm, and the metal cap is from a Prosecco bottle (her head is bubbling with ideas). The flower is her idea blooming and the butterfly is the idea going out into the world.

I did this layout for Martha's color board challenge on SIS and for Angie's Pottery Barn grid challenge on Bad Girls. The papers are LilyBee, Anna Griffin, and 7gypsies (all old). I made the tree from some old Heidi Swapp flowers and the felt flowers are old K&co Amy Butler. Hana, the cat who owns me, gave me the mouse; however, she did come and take it away - so I had to retrieve it.
I did this layout in like 30 minutes (see Julie, I can do fast layouts too). It was for a menu challenge on Scrapgal - I had to use 1 photo, paint or spray ink, fabric, staples, and hand written journaling (that was the hardest part for me). After I took this photo, I realized that you could see my reflection in the ball ornament - so it's a self-portrait!
Today is another busy day finishing up some things but I did go to the post office and mailed some packages off to The Netherlands and to Brazil. I am still finishing presents and I plan to mail out all the rest by the end of this week.
The Sampler will be debuting this week and I will add a link from my blog - just wait till you see the great kit and the incredible creations done by the DT - I have been having so much fun!
thanks for reading and ttfn.



9 comments:

Amy said...

Goodness....you have been busy creating. Love the paper doll. She is so adorable. I feel ya too. It is such a process our creativity...I have a vision and by the time I am done it has turned into something wonderful but totally different than I began with! All your layouts are just beautiful. I do believe you have inspired me to get creating!!!! Hugs, Amy

P.S. Thank you for sharing a good Christmas memory with me...I love the comments you leave me on my blog!

jacque4u2c said...

All these so ROCK!!!!!!!!! I just love all the detail!!!!

Deana said...

Wow, Chris! Such amazing projects you've created! Really ♥ that you picked Thanksgiving for your FAV HOLIDAY. Your journaling is so true! It's definitely a close 2nd for me!

That doll ROCKS! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my Chris...you so rock!
Where do you get that time...I want some ;)
Really fantastic layouts...as always and I love that doll...she's amazing I love what she resambles...so very creative!!
Can't wait to see what you create with those kits...Have a wonderful day!

McMGrad89 said...

Fun! Your doll appears to be so you from what I have gathered.

Jenneke said...

WOW Chris, you've been sooooooo creative!! That doll is gorgeous, a wonderful self portrait!! And your layouts have so many GREAT details: the mouse (so funny that you say: the cat who owns me! LOL), the tree made of flowers, you reflecting in the ball ornament, wow!!

Wishing you a wonderful week!!

XXXJenneke

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

love love love love love the lo's (aren't 1/2 hr. lo's the BEST?!?!?! LOL!) and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that DOLL!!! OMYGOSH!!! that is just the coolest thing!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

The doll is awesome... and I love the idea of the bubling head! The X-mas ball is gorgeous too, and yes, those little "accidental presents" are the best!

Nicole Renee said...

Love your layouts! And your 3-D doll is amazing! I mean really AMAZING!