Sunday, January 17, 2010

In with the new and some happy news


The new challenge is up at http://candyshoppedesigns.blogspot.com/ and it is to use your newest supply. This is my layout - I bought some funky Ranger inks at Tuesday Morning (very inexpensive) that are brightly colored and have scents. I was working with them and got the coconut creme (it smells like suntan lotion) ink all over my hand. The heart card is new, and I made the crepe paper flowers from Jenni Bowlin turquoise crepe paper ribbon. Be sure to show us your newest supplies in your layout - the prize is from Blue Moon Scrapbooking Kits and it is awesome - wish I could win it!!! also we are trying to get 300 followers on CSD so come on over and become a follower.

And now for some fantastic news - one of my goals for 2010 was to sell a painting, and I just got a call this morning that my Cattleyas painting that was being exhibited at the Art Museum sold!!!!!!!!! I can't express to you how thrilled and motivated I am by this. I feel so thankful and blessed right now.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and week. I am going to watch the football games this afternoon and hopefully finish the hand quilting on the quilt I made from my mother's fabrics. I would like to get the binding done this week. And one of my other goals for this year to finish a painting a week - this week's one is not finished yet so I want to finish it tonight or tomorrow.

thanks for reading and ttfn,
Chris

9 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OH WOW, that's great news Chris! Congratulations!!!!! Have a happy Sunday!

Jenneke said...

WOW Chris, that's GREAT news!!!!
Congratulations!!!

LOVE your layout, those colors are so beautiful!!!

XXXJEnneke

sarah said...

congrats on the great news!!!! :) i can see why they bought it. a couple of people have come into the house and have seen the painting you sent me... and the absolutely LOVED it! :)

and that LO is gorgeous. love the colors to it! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love love love that lo....and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on your painting selling!!! THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Well, of course it sold! Your work is so beautiful! That's awesome, Chris! CONGRATULATIONS, I'm so happy for you!

Beautiful LO, too!

Have a great week!

Hanneke said...

YAY Chris, congrats that is so good!!! Already achieved 1 goal!! Love that LO, those colors are so beautiful!!

And please show us the quilt when you are done, I bet it is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Wowie...absolutely great news Chris!Huge congrats on selling your fist one...up to many more ;)
Love your layout and that photo of your hand is really great!

Nicole Renee said...

Yeah! So glad your painting sold and that you accomplished one of your goals! Love your layout to!