Thursday, February 4, 2010

he{art} sessions

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart - pursue those."
-Michael Nolan

I am enjoying Rebecca Sower's heart sessions so much - the small tokens of love that she creates - that I decided to post some he{art}s of my own.
The above wallhanging was made for Scrapgal and a short tutorial is posted on The Gal Blog.
I painted and collaged this canvas last February in a class by Wilna Furstenberg.
 
Azaleas from my yard and a table runner I made many years ago.
I finished another small watercolor this morning - Camillias - and then quickly sketched some Azaleas and began to work on that. Tomorrow I am going to a quilt show with some friends and hope to get some inspiration. Yesterday I spent much of the day basting the layers of the queen-size floral watercolor quilt that I hope to get finished this spring for our bed. What a job!!!!
Today is a beautiful day here, tomorrow is supposed to be windy, and Saturday rainy. 
thanks for reading and hope you are having a wonderful day wherever you are!
ttfn
Chris




12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwww!!! all of these are just beautiful chris! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

McMGrad89 said...

Wow! You are just so creative, Chris. Hope you get some great inspiration at the quilt show.

kim c said...

that table runner makes my heart go pitter patter. love it!

Lynnette Davis said...

WHOA! These creations are beautiful Chris!!!!

Deana said...

Your projects are always so creative & so full of he(art)!

Wonderful quote, too!

Big hugs....

Robin Thomas said...

Such good things...

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Everything is beautiful! I loved the collage too!
With Love from the Cabin,
Claudia O.

sarah said...

you can totally crank out so many creative things sooooo fast! it's unbelievable. anyway, LOVE that quote you shared... it's true tho!

happy friday!
hugs,
sarah.

Sheila Rumney said...

Enjoying your HeArt Sessions and your blog. It is so fun seeing all the hearts scattered across the web.

mandysea said...

Oh Chris!! Everything you do is an inspiration!! I love visiting here!! Just one delight after another!
hugs
x

Dagmar said...

Love what you shared with us, Thanks.

Tia said...

I love all your hearts, but your table runner is amazing!!