Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Check out the new going green challenge at http://candyshoppedesigns.blogspot.com/ - this time we want to see a monochromatic green layout - mine isn't quite as green as I had hoped - I glimmer misted the background (a shopping bag) but it isn't as dark as I had wanted it to be - otherwise I used green fabrics, papers, ribbons, painted alphas, whatever. Be sure to check out the challenge as we have a lovely prize from Wild Olive Kids.
Just a note to say that even though Harlee-Quinnz Designs is no more, they have formed a new company that will be offering papers and ephemera digitally and stamps online.
GECKO GALS
and what is more appropriate than for me living in Florida to be a gecko gal! LOL!
(and by the way, my car insurance is with Geico. LOL!!!)
so you will be seeing some new layouts done with the new Gecko gals papers, etc.
Hope you had a nice day - I worked on 2 layouts, a new project for Scrapgal that is fairly complicated, and quilted on the watercolor quilt for our bed. I also won a set of copic markers on ebay (yay!) and signed up for a drawing with mixed media class at our art museum. I am so excited - I know this will improve my drawing and painting skills very much - we will be working with pen and ink, pastels, acrylics, and other innovative techniques.
Don't forget to join us at http://www.scrapgal.com/ on Friday evening for our crop and chat - we have lots of prizes and it will be lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ttfn,
Chris

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this chris!!! love the leaves....and loving the harry and david ribbon....yummmmmmmmmmmm!!! and hehehehehehehehe...i guess i'm a gecko girl too...lol..as i have a albino gecko tattooed on the back of my neck!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Love your green layout! And congrats on all the lovelyness (Gecko girl, new workshop, copic markers - yummie!) You go girl!!!

Hanneke said...

I so love your LO!!! And wow you won copic markers, congrats on that!! And what a fun thinhs you have comming, enjoy!!!

Unknown said...

Happy belated Patty day to you too! adore the photo used on this layout. Can't wait to see all the projects you are working on. They sound fabulous. And the mixed media class very cool.

EverydayMe said...

this is wonderful... the green... wow!!! Copic markers... I only have a few... but love them... lucky you!!
{{hugs}} Michelle