Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy NSD, among other things

Well, the secret is out - yesterday the May http://www.pagemaps.com/ newsletter came out and the news is that the ScrapGal team created the layouts for the May pagemaps. the above is my layout - done all in Prima - I even painted the Prima flowers to match my photos and I painted the center piece. Be sure to check out all of the fabulous designs by the ScrapGals.
Our manus of the month for May are Jenni Bowlin and Maya Road. Create a layout or project of 50% JB or MR and enter to win. The above layout is Jenni Bowlin, the twine came from Deana's etsy shop, and I made the flower (remember the tutorial last weekend). I took the photo in the British section of Epcot.
The final layout is on the new Basic Grey Kioshi paper (I love the soft colors) - this paper reminded me of the fabric origami flowers that I used to make for wallhangings so I dug out one of my old quilting books and made these fabric hydrangea blossoms and then I painted the white Prima flower with watercolor paints to blend with the layout. We are also having a month-long photo scavenger hunt at ScrapGal so be sure to check that out, and our Top 10 layout for the month is to list your top 10 fav songs (interesting - seems like I just did a layout about music! LOL!)
Hope everyone has a wonderful National Scrapbooking Day - I know there are lots of things happening on many of the websites.
thanks for reading and
ttfn
Chris

9 comments:

EverydayMe said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Chris these layouts are super fantastic... I love love love the detail on each one... you have such a way of making a page shine... WOW!!! LOVE THEM!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these sooooooooooooo much Chris!! i love love love love love the flowers...the photos....the colors!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cassie said...

You know I am a fan!!
I love these layouts!!!
I live vicariously through your flower pictures. I can't grow anything to save my life.

Bekka said...

These are all very, very lovely, but I'm flipping out over the hydrangea layout. Probably because it's my favorite flower. Or those fabric flowers. Or just the fact that you made it. :)

Deana said...

I'm loving all the Epcot photos you took. It's almost as if you've really visited those countries! Love your origami flowers, too! So pretty with that Kioshi line! :-)

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Hanneke said...

I love these, I love the one with Azalea's, yours are so gorgeous!! And I love the one with the fabric flowers, I made a LO with the same paper and it made me think of origami!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love your Layoyts!They are all so beautiful!Loving those flowers and those photo's are just so gorgeous!

sarah said...

i'm totally late, but happy NSD to you! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Nishant said...

I live vicariously through your flower pictures
post free classifieds