Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Layouts from the ScrapGal Crop

We had a super crop over at ScrapGals this past weekend - great layouts and projects from all of the DT members and from all of those who joined in with the fun and scrapping. I did the above layout for Heather's Fireflies challenge (you know the Fireflies song by Owl City?) I used some Gecko Galz paper and fairy stamps on this as well as some Pink Paislee alphas and a Hambly snowflake transparency. I made the ribbon bird of paradise from some funky ribbons that Kim had sent to me.
this was for Kim's Let's get dirty challenge - to use paints or mists and also do a lift. I lifted a Dina Wakley layout and used acrylic paints. What's funny is the background that I used in the first layout above originally started out to be my let's get dirty background - I used black gold glimmer mist on the orange paper but I hated it and threw it in the trashcan - then later I realized that it would work for Heather's challenge and had to dig it out and smooth it - you just never know!!!!!
this was for Judean's red,white & blue challenge - and you had to make a poppy for it so I made this huge one. the paper is vintage Prima and I colored it with Copic markers - the journaling card and labels are Jenni Bowlin
This was for Kim's yellow challenge - lots and lots and lots of yellow - don't you love that Prima umbrella paper? so charming! Of course I had to throw a little paint at it!
this was for Judean's other challenge and that was to create a layout using one of the pagemaps that we Scrapgals got to do this month - but you had to use another gal's pagemap so I used Heather's. The background paper is Stampington
And finally, Mandy's card challenge - you had to use stitching and stamps so............
not quite what she had in mind but hey, it works!!! LOL!!!!

and now I am exhausted! and need to tidy my studio - it's a mess with paper everywhere.

One of the DT members - Amy-  at TAAFOMFT has opened a new etsy shop where she is selling just wonderful collections of vintage goodies - check out her blog http://amuffoletto.blogspot.com/ . I know that you will be just as impressed as I am - I love vintage junque!

AND another DT member - Sarah - at TAAFOMFT is having a giveaway on her blog http://redoaklines.com/ of Imaginesce products so be sure to check it out  - it ends on Saturday.

thanks for reading and hope you have a great week
ttfn
Chris

7 comments:

EverydayMe said...

these are amazing... I love them.... you have been one very busy busy girl!!! you're always so inspiring... and make me want to stop everything and to scrap... thank you for that!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle

Cassie said...

Your projects are so colorful and beautiful! I love them!!!!
The stamp birds are a fantastic idea!!!
Have a great Wednesday!!!!
=)

Hanneke said...

Wow Chris, you've been so busy!! What an amazing LO's!! And sigh your flowers are always so gorgeous, that poppy is stunning!!!
Hugs, Hanneke

Deana said...

Loving the new pages, Chris! Great ways to use that Prima packaging & those yellow flowers are so GREAT! (And yes, I do love that Prima rainboots paper! I need to get some!)

Hugs...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

U are sooooooooooooooooooo inspiring Chris!!!! I just love love loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these ... and that YUMMY PAINT!! *love* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sarah said...

thanks for sharing my giveawa..

and my oh my it looks like you really got a lot done at the crop! :) ...and i thought i was fast, hehe. ;)

tfs all of your art!

hugs,
sarah.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow..Chris, you made such awesome layouts...just stunning work!Beautiful with the paint and all the bright colors...love that card too!
Amazing work!And always so very creative!!
Hugs,Jeanet