Sunday, June 6, 2010

Some days..........................................

I have had an interesting day so far - I did the laundry this morning and as I was pulling a pair of Dan's shorts out of the washer, it felt heavy so I thought he had left some coins in the pocket - NOT! He had left his cellphone in the pocket - it was dead!!!!!!  When he returned from golf, I told him, and he took it very calmly - he still had the last phone he had before he got this one (long story, he left his phone in a golf cart in North Carolina when we were on vacation in 2008 so he had to get a new one here - and then they sent him back the old one so he still has it) so he took it to the AT&T store this afternoon and they reactivated the old phone for free. I was very relieved!
This has been one of those weeks where things happen - not for the best. Yesterday as I was driving to work, my rear view mirror fell down.  Dan says it will be easy to fix but what a pain it is driving without it!
Of course, I realize that none of my little aggravations are as bad as the things that happen to Claire in the Morganville vampire series books - I just finished the first one yesterday and was able to put some of the others on reserve at the library. If you liked Twilight, you will probably like these books by Rachel Caine.
I have been playing with some new ideas this past week - with fabric and lace. A while back Cassie Box (one of the ScrapGals) made a bracelet from a cuff she had cut from a shirt. I liked the idea so I cut the cuffs off of an old white shirt that I had and added frayed fabrics, laces, and Gecko Galz vintage buttons. I love how it feels on my wrist and am inspired to make some more - I started on a black sort of Goth-y one and have ideas for one in shades of pink.   I plan to put them in my etsy shop - got any colors you would like?
I purchased a 100 yard spool of rayon seam binding on ebay and plan to dye it - I can use glimmer mists and also some Making Memories dyes that I bought marked down 90% at Crafts'n'stuff. Don't you just love the names of the things like that - never yellow or red but instead sunsoaked, hibiscus, key lime, grapevine, aquamarine, dusk, and nutmeg.
I have also been knitting quite a bit - 2 projects that must be completed by the end of July - one for vacation and one for a contest. My fingers will be flying. Below is a pic of a scarf that I am knitting that looks like a leaf - it's from a pattern by Jane Thornley, my knitting idol. I would so love to go on one of her knitting trips, like to Santa Fe or Tuscany (she calls that trip Knitaly - sigh...................).

Hope your day and week is going well, and thanks so much for visiting my blog - no scrapping to post today - not that I haven't been - it's just that I can't post them yet but soon................

ttfn
Chris

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

PINK of COURSE! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the bracelet...and happy they were able to activate his old phone.... :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

That cuff is so cool, Chris! You always come up with amazing creations!

I hope this is a better week for you. BTW... I recently washed Bryn's iPod. Hopefully this time, she will have finally learned her lesson about not putting things in her pockets (or at least not leaving them there when she puts her clothes in the laundry! Sheesh.)

Hugs...

Deana said...

That cuff is so cool, Chris! You always come up with amazing creations!

I hope this is a better week for you. BTW... I recently washed Bryn's iPod. Hopefully this time, she will have finally learned her lesson about not putting things in her pockets (or at least not leaving them there when she puts her clothes in the laundry! Sheesh.)

Hugs...

kate blue said...

love the cuff idea...hmm..I feel a thrift shop trip for colored shirts coming soon! and, MICHAELS has been having some lovely Prima flower packs on clearance so that's even better.

KitKat

Bekka said...

Love the cuff! I can't wait to see the finished scarf -- you have some superb knitting skills! :)

sarah said...

you are quite the artist, my friend.

glad to hear the hubs took the phone incident with a grain of salt. :) hehe. good thing att was nice and didn't charge for reactivating the old phone. phew! hehe.

hope you have a wonderful week.

hugs,
sarah.

Cassie said...

Hey! I'm Cassie Box!!
I love what you did!!!
I think it is vintage and yummy and gorgeous!!
=)