Friday, July 30, 2010

What's your favorite band?

The newest challenge is up at http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/ and it is to show us your favorite band - I know Julie meant for us to do a creation about our favorite musical band but really my favorite band is my wedding band - and of course I needed to add my engagement ring in the photo. The paper is Making Memories Paperie (don't you love that soft blue?), the little picture is from a day book from the 1940s (a lucky find at the used book store! and the coolest thing is that the person who owned it had the same first name as my mother!!!!), alphas are October afternoon, pink paislee and Making Memories, and the black and white journaling tags and butterflies are Heidi Swapp.
Hope you join us in the challenge - we would love to see your favorite band - and we have a great prize from Gauche Alchemy!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I think you are a COMPLETE GENIUS (really, I do!!!) for making it about your wedding band!! SERIOUSLY thinking outside the box and I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that!!!!!! And I love love love love that little book page, the BLUE....JUST GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jessica Wilson said...

I LOVE THIS so much Chris! Julie's right...complete genius! That paper is yummy and so cool that the person who owned the book had the same name as your mother!! I love little details like that:) Have a great weekend!! Love, Jess

Anonymous said...

Now that's a special shift from the prompt... good thinking Chris!!! LOVE your layout, love how you made it about your wedding band, and love the soft colours of this layout!!! I got a comment from you on 2peas - thanks. Didn't know you where there, but I only just started there myself and I haven't dived into it much yet... anyway, thanks! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Chris! I love your use of colors and that idea is brilliant!Beautiful design!

EverydayMe said...

CAnI just say when I first saw this... I thought it was amazing... and the more I see it the more I think it is brilliant... and just soooooooo special... you rocked this challenge... and made my heart fill with delight... it's wonderful!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle

Deana said...

I LOVE your play on words here... such a GREAT page, Chris! I was actually going to do something similar, but ran out of time. I wanted to do a page on the "Silly Bands" (rubber bracelets) that are all the rage with Bryn & everyone else these days! Eventually I'm going to make the page, even if it IS LATE! lol

Hope you're enjoying the weekend!

Hugs...

sarah said...

how GORGEOUS!!! :) how cute that you did your "bands"! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

hugs,
sarah.

PaperVine said...

This is a gorgeous and stunning layout!
Lowri :-)

Gretchen said...

very cool layout!!

Maggie Lamarre said...

aww this is awesome...
Don't forget to add it to our linking party here
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com