Saturday, October 16, 2010

A very versatile post - a little this and a little taafomft


 
Last week Marit gave me this award because she said my blog was very versatile - thanks so much Marit!!!! She said I had to tell you 7 things about myself so:
1. I love to bake bread
2. I collect Alice in Wonderland books
3. One of my aunts taught me to quilt when I was 12
4. I have a MA in English Literature
5. I worked as an accountant for much of my life
6. My DH and I lived on a sailboat for 6 years and sailed throughout the Caribbean
7. Just this past week I won a yard of fabric from the Sew Mama Sew blog!!!!

The new TAAFOMFT challenge is up, and it is to show us your favorite animal/pet. I chose to do a layout about one of our cats - Sam. We got him as a little ball of fur, and he lived with us for 17 years. He was a superb sailor and after all-night sails on the ocean, he would patrol the deck for flying fish that had "flown" onto the boat. He was the most affectionate and demonstrative cat that I have ever known, and we will never forget him. He was truly an angel with fur!
Be sure to come on over to TAAFOMFT and see the wonderful DT layouts and then link us up with your layout or project!!!!!

Hope this post finds you happy and healthy, and thanks for reading.
ttfn
Chris

6 comments:

Cassie said...

What a fantastic tribute to Sam.
Love that layout!!
=)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee those facts about you!! And YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY for the win!!! And your lo... wow wow wow..sooooooooooooooo touches my heart! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Such a great way to remember Sam with such a CUTE page!

LOVE your list, too, Chris!

Hope you have a GREAT week! :-)

Anonymous said...

Your "Sam" looks very much like my "James", same black and white spots at the same places! I guess they are playing together now in cat heaven...

EverydayMe said...

love love love your fav animal lo... it's wondderful!!! love that photo... it's so inviting!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

Anonymous said...

Love the things to read about you!
Loving your layout! I just love all of the details!