Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A little this, a little TAAFOMFT

continuing with the woodland theme - 
a cut glass bowl filled with glass ornaments from past years - acorns, pinecones, and walnuts
the new challenge at TAAFOMFT is to show us your favorite celebrity
I honestly couldn't think of anyone - I admit I am not really into the gossip-y side of entertainment and many times don't even know the names of actors in movies (I do like Mr. Depp though!!!) so I decided to do a sort of art journal page using cut-outs from a magazine that I got from the free table at the library. I painted the background and collaged the female image. come on over and show us your stuff!
This morning I have continued the purge of stuff in my studio and
this afternoon I am off to my last session of Watercolor portrait class
tonight we are going to Carrabba's for dinner - YUM!
and tomorrow our annual pre-Christmas trip to West Palm - to check out the holiday decorations - I can hardly wait to see what Anthropologie has done this year
Barnes & Noble to check out the books and magazines
probably Cheesecake Factory for lunch as we have never been there
and Whole Foods to stock up on some staples, some wine, bread, and cheese
Have a wonderful day!
ttfn

8 comments:

Cassie said...

This is so fabulous!!
I absolutely love it!
I will also admit that while I do know a LOT about pop culture, I am not really a celebrity stalker. I don't have a favorite person, that seems very odd to me to feel like that toward someone I don't know, LOL!!!
=)
You totally rocked this challenge!!!!

Anonymous said...

Chris, this is amazing!!! You know I love the art journaling kinda pages, and you rocked it!!! WOWZAH!!!!

Dana Tatar said...

Your collage work is totally fabulous! I LOVE Johnny as well! ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your FAVE THINGS page Chris!! It is AMAZING!!! And your dinner and Cheesecake factory trip sound YUMMY!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Cheesecake Factory and Whole Foods in the same day? Sounds like a little slice of heaven to me! ;-)

Love your take on that challenge! Turned out perfect!

Bekka said...

Beautiful -- love the woodland and gold look. And your layout is so classic and gorgeous!

Hanneke said...

I so love you lo for face things!!

Anonymous said...

I missed a lot of your post Chris! I'm back for now ;)
Really LOVE this piece of art, love your collage, so beautiful! And I love mr Depp too by the way ;)
Fab, fab art journal page!!