Saturday, January 29, 2011

January Sketchbook Challenge


I have been working in my sketchbook this month quite a bit - sketching and painting - these are just three of the pages - the first sketch was inspired by a painting by Ivan Djeneeff - I got a book about him from the Museum library - A Russian Odyssey.  The painting made me think of the Floodmage in Terri Windling's book The Wood Wife -  Windling's blog http://windling.typepad.com/blog/ is one of my favorites - she talks a lot about art, creation, and writing; and she posts wonderful photos and links to other fascinating blogs.

Have you been watching Downton Abbey on Masterpiece Theater? It is so enchanting - I love the house, the clothes - all so perfectly of the Edwardian period! Tomorrow is the final episode but you can watch all the episodes online.

Have a super weekend!
Chris

1 comment:

EverydayMe said...

love the sketches... they are wonderful... the melons... looks good enough to eat... you inspire me to start painting again... but it's the time... when to fit it in... thank you... I really do need to do this... I love watercoloring...

and thank you soooooo much for Downton Abbey... I'd been waiting to see it... didn't know I'd already missed out... thank you for the online infor... guess what I'm doing this weekend.... love it!!! Thanks bunches!!! Have a lovely lovely weekend!!! {{hugs}} Michelle