Monday, January 17, 2011

Knit a river scarf


I think that I talked about our budget a bit at the beginning of the year - was that only two weeks ago?! 
So far this month has been deadly with lots of repairs and replacements needed (furnace!!!) as the bitter cold is taking its toll on our houses and crops.  Hopefully it will begin to warm up and stay - even just a bit warmer would help!
Anyway, I am about to begin another knit-a-long with the Jane Thornley group - it's called knit a river, and we are using river images as our inspiration for whatever we decide to knit. I am totally shopping from my little stash and have come up with the group of yarns pictured above. I am also using a small watercolor sketch that I did last month as my inspiration. (I did it for Marit's Top 2000 music of the year.)
I am thinking about knitting a http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shalom-cardigan and think that I have enough pale green yarn to do it. I like the idea of the short sleeves. Amanda of http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/ has knitted two of this pattern, and I love the way they look.
Back to the drawing table - no rest for the wicked (great name for a song!LOL!!!)
or maybe a cup of tea and a sweet potato muffin (just finished baking a batch) YUM!
the second choice sounds like way more fun!!!
Thanks for reading and have a super day!
ttfn
Chris

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry about the expenses!! That is no fun!!! I can not wait to see what you create!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

EverydayMe said...

I can't waith to swee what you come up with... I'm sure it will be beautiful!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

Anonymous said...

How awesome that I inspired you to look at the top 2000 list - the song inspired you to paint this blue - and now the painting inspires you to knit.... (to get it round, your scarf should inspire me to make something... wouldn't that be fun?)

Hanneke said...

So sorry to hear about all the extra expences!!
Love the colors you chose that is goin to be such a beautiful cardigan!!