Thursday, February 24, 2011

Playtime for Hana and me!

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."
- Eddie Cantor
Say hello to Hana, the ironing board cat! She knows that there is more to life than ironing and that an ironing board can be a cutting board, a planning station, and a nap site.
I have two fabric projects in process on the ironing board right now. I am one of those people who cannot sit down and create - I must be standing up - so the height of the ironing board is perfect for me to stand, cut, arrange, rearrange, sew, paste, and just generally create.
I will be going on a couple of trips in the next few months so I thought I would cut out a new quilt top, package the blocks in baggies, and take them with me to sew. One of my trips involves a long plane ride so I need something to do (of course, I will have a book too) and I love to hand piece quilt blocks. The name of this quilt will be Haute Chocolate, and it will be in shades of browns, caramels, creams, and blacks with perhaps a few hints of muted pinks or muted blues - quilts never end quite as you plan them - they take on their own life and sometimes you end up using fabrics that you never dreamed you would. I should have almost enough in my stash to make the quilt without needing to buy any - but of course, you never know when the perfect piece might just call your name.
Thanks for reading
ttfn
Chris


3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee the photos...and hoping your trips are good!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cynthia said...

I love Hana!!!!! What a sweet Kitty:) I love too using my ironing board for doing some projects and ironing too:) It is a old Built in one and has a lovely view out the window.

The quilt sounds yummy and I love the color's you have chosen! I am excited to hear all about you upcoming trips!

EverydayMe said...

very cute!!! {{hugs}} Michelle