Monday, February 14, 2011

Right now......

As I have mentioned many times, one of my favorite blogs is http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/ so in that vein, I am doing a "right now" post similar to what she occasionally does------

Right now...
I am drinking a lovely cup of tea and feeling grateful that the sun is warming my studio nicely

I am working on the February Prima BAP

I am healing (hand and chest) from skin cancer biopsies taken last Thursday - but won't know the results until next week
I am enjoying the lovely card and box of dark chocolates that DH gave me this morning - I picked some azaleas from our yard for the table. We will be having leftover fancy turkey dinner tonight (yesterday I fixed a turkey (bought on sale at Thanksgiving) and all the goodies to go with it and have lots leftover - LOL)

I am getting ready to go to the Art Museum (I volunteer in the library there on Monday afternoons)

I just finished reading a wonderful book yesterday - The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley - you will need a tissue for this one!
I did some housecleaning while Hana watched me with suspicion and foreboding - she hates the vacuum cleaner!

I am still doing very well with my "not buying it" goal - I have not bought any clothing, books, craft or art items this year so far - I have won a $15 gift card for Michaels and a $10 gift card for Jenni Bowlin but I have decided to hold off using them until the new CHA stuff is available in March.  I figure that I will have to buy some Prima stuff then too so I can continue to do the BAPs - my supplies are getting low.

I am working on a watercolor still life - a vase of flowers, a lemon, and an artichoke

I am altering an old book that I found at the used book store

I wasn't able to do any knitting this weekend because of my hand but will be knitting again this week

I am working on some projects to submit to magazines (a big goal this year).

Well, that's about it - I enjoyed the Grammys last night - listening to old and new favorites, and being introduced to some performers that I hadn't heard before - I am off to search them on the web.

Thanks for reading and have a super Valentine's Day! I'll be back tomorrow with a new TAAFOMFT challenge and my GD layout for Scrapping the Poetry.
Chris

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Chris!! I am SORRY to hear about your tests... I will keep you in prayer... please make sure to update me!!! I really enjoyed reading this!! And loving the photos!! Your flowers are BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Will keep you in my prayers that all is well with the biopsy.
Big hugs...

EverydayMe said...

good luck with the project submissions... and again... happy everything is fine with you!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle