Friday, February 25, 2011

Springtime joy

Spring, the sweet spring, is the year’s pleasant king,
Then blooms each thing, then maids dance in a ring,
Cold doth not sting, the pretty birds do sing:
    Cuckoo, jug-jug, pu-we, to-witta-woo!
- Thomas Nashe
Azaleas in my yard - some in bloom and some just ready to pop!


I changed out the decor in my house for spring and St. Patrick's Day - a Belleek vase, a little cream pitcher from a garage sale, and a little green toothpick holder from Kansas City (belonged to my mother). My son gave me the Bud Light necklace (LOL!) He is now part of the 250 club at WOB (World of Beer)!?! 
I changed out the quilts on the walls and took the heavy quilt off the bed - isn't it funny how when you have white walls, they can appear to be tinted depending on what accessories you have. I put blue quilts on the walls in the bedroom and the blue is being reflected onto the walls - this is great in the summer down here - our bedroom feels cool and simple.
What are you doing to get ready for Spring? Oh yes, I know that most of you are still experiencing cold weather and maybe even snow and ice (I did live in KC MO and in Denver for much of my life), but with the sun light being at a different angle, it is beginning to feel like Spring. And oh yes, the birds here are singing their little heads off - other than our mockingbird who sings half the night, it is glorious (and secretly I love the mockingbird too).
Happy days!
Chris

6 comments:

Hanneke said...

Overhere it's still grey and wet, but tempratures are much better this weekend (hope it will stay that way) I love to put springflowerd all over the house, they smell great and I lvoe the bright colors!! the garden is still a mess although there is some fresh green showing here and there!!! Love you decoration, the vase is gorgeous!!
Enjoy your weekend!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee the photos...and loving that necklace that you son gave you! Tooooooooooo fun! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cynthia said...

Ah the Azaleas!!!!! Nothing like Springtime in Florida:) I miss everything just blooming away!!! And the glorious scents!

Love your spring changes:) I know isn't that amazing how walls can take on a whole different color with new wall hangings!

No, Spring has not sprung here:( But, the light changing makes all the difference. It won't hit until April, but when it does. There is just nothing like it:)

Have a good Weekend Chris!

Anonymous said...

I too have white bedroom walls, and noticed the colours and atmosphere changing when I change the colours on the bed. Mostly, I have it all white, but in the winter I love my red/orange plaid which makes the room look warm. It's still cold and grey and rainy though, here in HOlland. The "honeysuckle/woodbine" (which one is it - the translator gave me two words!) has little leaves coming out though... spring will be here soon!

Deana said...

Love your cute little display. And 250 Club...does that mean he drank 250 beers to qualify? LOL

Have a great weekend!

EverydayMe said...

Such beautiful flowers... can't wait to see you paint those...
{{hugs}} Michelle