Monday, March 14, 2011

Playing with lace

I have been playing with some of the laces and buttons in my collections - I sewed this little piece using mostly Prima laces that I won last fall - the brooch was my grandmother's.
Don't you just love that little button with the mushroom on it? It came from a red corduroy jumper that I had as a little girl. I found the button in my mother's button box - what memories!

I have so many wonderful new toys to play with right now - I received the March Jenni Bowlin kit (purchased partly with the gift certificate that I won) and a fantastic fiber selection, hand dyed ribbons, and a stamp from Joggles (won a gift certificate from the Sketchbook Challenge), a few new Prima papers and flowers from the lss in Sarasota (all they had was Moulin rouge, which isn't my favorite but if I want to continue doing the BAPs, I needed a bit of new product), some new watercolor paints, a  Visual journal, a book from the Ringling Museum about the fantastic botanical illustration exhibit that they have going on right now, and a cool watercolor book by the Alexander brothers that I have been wanting and found for just a dollar.  Life is so abundant!  Happy happy!

I feel a bit sad to be so happy when there is so much suffering in Japan. I cannot begin to imagine how terrible life is there right now. I am sending prayers as I know all of you are also. This year has seen so much suffering and upheaval in just 3 months -

Be sure to check back tomorrow for the new These are a few of my favorite things challenge - and please send get well soon thoughts to Julie T-W, the boss of TAAFOMFT.  Both she and her sweet daughter Brookie had surgery last week.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Yes the mushroom button is so sweet and a perfect touch to a great piece of artwork. TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

How cute, your lace project! And wow, that's a lot of new goodies to play with! Have fun.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooooooo beautiful!! I loveeeeeeee the textures! And I know what you mean about Japan.. it has been breaking my heart to see it on the news... and thanks my dearest for the love for me and brookie.. you seriously are the bestest! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Soooo pretty, Chris! That should be framed and on display!

EverydayMe said...

this is sooooooooooo lovely!
{{hugs}} Michelle

Unknown said...

Swoon, all those bits of lace together with brooch and buttons--fantastic!