Friday, April 22, 2011

Starting some new things

The past two weeks have been pretty gruesome around here - I think I told you that DH had the flu - he is now improving but still coughing up a storm. Believe me, you do not want to catch this strain (DH had gotten a flu shot in the fall but as he says, there are always new bugs mutating out there!). Of course, I caught it on Sat! It has been a miserable week but you know how you just do everything you have to do even though you feel wretched - and then you crash when you get home! I finally slept well last night and actually feel like I am recovering today (knock on wood!).
I was invited to join another Knit-a-long - it started this past week but I was too sick even to knit! The knit-a-long is based on Jane Thornley patterns and is to capture Africa in your creation. I found the above image of the Kalahari (our sailboat's name) on the web to use as inspiration, and above is a photo of my selected yarns. I also made some stribbons from the silk scarves in the photo.I have no money to purchase anything new so I shopped my stash and am using lots of leftovers.

As you can see, Hana is helping me select yarns, and she has deigned to model as my lioness muse!!!!!
Another sketchbook page -

Hope you are having a good week - I feel much better today and hope it continues over the weekend - I have some paintings in me that need to be released and I have to knit knit knit to catch for the lost week.

Thanks for reading,
Chris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colours of your threads are wonderful! I love the oranges and browns, very 'African' indeed!!! I do hope you feel better! Happy Easter Chris!!

kim c said...

Hana has a good eye for color. Love her choices. Get well soon.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I hope you feel better soon!!! I loveeeeee those photos of Hana and loving the sketch! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)