Sunday, May 27, 2012

Just playing around

today was a crazy day with lots to do (laundry, yoga, making potato salad, par-cooking baby back ribs, etc.) but somehow I got distracted with playing with paper.
As you might have guessed, two of my joys in life = good coffee and chocolate - either dark or white! The soft colors of this layout just appeal to me right now - the darker flower is Prima but I hand made the other flower.
For the second layout - also in soft colors, I used a photo (I also am planning a painting of this)  that I took when we were in the Bahamas in the 1980s pre-Atlantis. We actually stayed in the hotel complex that was remodeled to become Atlantis and this was the canal that ran to Nassau - it no longer exists as the whole was widened and dredged so bigger boats could come and go. I used a scrap of fabric from my stash, a painted scrap, some actual Bahamian stamps, and a bit of this and that.
And finally, for the latest paperissues challenge - to use a bee or honey in the layout. This layout is mostly of older Jenni Bowlin products - but I think the bee stamp is Studio Calico
Hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend (I will be busy eating and watching racing - both Indy and Nascar),
Chris

2 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

Wonderful layouts! I especially love the colors in the last one. Love Jenni Bowlin, and I am loving that bee stamp too! TFS!

Sabr said...

That bee stamp is one of my favorites! Love your projects!