Tuesday, June 14, 2011

You can never have too many orchids

A new mixed-media piece (watercolor orchids and background, acrylic and collaged tree, and hand-dyed and painted ribbons and fibers as roots


This was a really fun piece to create - one of those things where you get your hands dirty
or, as in my case, covered with paint and acrylic matte medium
Not too much happening right now as I spend all of my time working, knitting, sewing, or painting -
not to mention cooking, cleaning, reading, and occasionally sleeping -
there just aren't enough hours in the day!
Isn't life fabulous!!!!!!!!
Chris

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love the way you made those roots!! And I totally agree....never enough hours! lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

McMGrad89 said...

You are so talented. Such perspective! I love this.

Marit said...

You do all this ánd still clean Chris? Wowzah!!! That is the first 'thing' I drop when I'm busy... ha! Your mixed media piece is stunning! The roots... what a great idea! Love it!

kim c said...

Love this Chris. Just beautiful.