Monday, October 24, 2011

Revisiting Orchids

I created a mixed media piece two years ago (and fortunately sold it) of Cattleya orchids and a wood backdrop. The wood was done with collage and acrylic paints, the flowers and background in watercolor, and the roots were composed of hand-dyed ribbons and fibers.  I decided to recreate the piece, this time totally in watercolor. I applied the watercolor paint onto the wood area straight from the tube and moved it around with a palette knife. the rest of the painting is normal watercolor painted with brushes.


thanks for looking,
Chris

3 comments:

Paper Issues said...

It's so beautiful!! Those pinks are gorgeous! =)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is STUNNING! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

I did try to post a comment, but something went wrong in google... I wanted to let you know that your latest painting makes me happy! I love it!