Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Treasures of the Sea

I totally forgot to take a photo of this new painting before I put it in the frame so.........

this is quite a departure from most of my work but I began to paint an abstract one morning and as I worked on it, I began to see the water, sand, and rocks of a beach that I knew in the Bahamas - it's amazing how the paint knows where it needs to go - you as the painter are just the instrument through the paint gets onto the paper. Pure joy!

The painting is titled Bookie's Beach (a beach in the Abacos).

Thanks for looking,
Chris

2 comments:

Marit said...

I know the feeling Chris, since I lean more agains abstract work lately myself... your 'beach' is wonderful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That's almost Brookie's name!! I loveeeeeee this Chris!!