Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A little fall sketching


Now that it's a bit cooler (just 87/75) my husband decided to take on some outdoor projects that really can't be done in the hot summer. We have three live oak trees in our yard - a papa, a mama, and a baby (if you can call 20-25 ft tall a baby), and they need trimming every so often. Dan worked all day yesterday cutting down limbs off the mama size tree and today he was cutting the smaller stuff and tying them up in bundles so the yard waste men would pick them up. I helped him some and them brought some small twigs and acorns into the house to sketch.  The squirrels were quite upset and were really screeching!
and then just for fun, a bit of fall sunshine - I love gingkos - their shape, their colors - so unique!

Now I need to post these over at the flickr sketchbook challenge page - did you see that the theme for October is Cabinet of Curiosities?  I have some ideas!

Hope your day is filled with fall sunshine!
Chris


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Marit said...

I love your 'quick sketches'... especially the top one is really good!