Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday ephemera - paper memories

Here's a wreath that I made from Gecko Galz ephemera and leaves cut from patterned paper along with a few cut up doilies.  It's an easy project that could be done from several different paper lines - Jenni Bowlin, Graffic 45, etc. -  or even from holiday ephemera printed from online sources.  I used a metal wreath frame and attached the bottom level of the paper items to the wreath frame and then just kept layering the papers on top and attaching them with raised glue dots so the wreath has dimensionality.
I inherited a box of vintage postcards from my grandmother, and included in the cards were many beautiful and fascinating holiday cards.  Perhaps I have mentioned that I have created a seasonal board that hangs in my kitchen with a calendar and then decorations for the time of year. Of course, it is now decorated with Christmas items, and this year I decided to use a few of the holiday cards.

I guess you can tell I love the colors of each season and I change the decorations in my house to move with the flow of the year and the light.  Do you make changes in your house - it doesn't have to be much - even just a board like mine - or changing a vase or the quilt on the bed.  Somehow each season it is like I rediscover and re-enjoy my treasures - my little things.  I will leave you with one of my favorite quotations:

"There are no little things. Little things are the hinges of the universe."
                               -Fanny Fern

Enjoy your day,
Chris


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh these are both beautiful Chris!!! Loving them!!

Jess said...

i am so in love with your wreath! awesome!