Friday, December 7, 2012

Not quite 50 shades of grey


When I saw this challenge on Facebook http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2012/12/50-shades-of-basic-grey.html I decided that I just had to do it - I did read the first book in the series (from the library) but honestly I thought it was badly written and more importantly, why would anyone - man or woman - want to submit to punishment for enjoyment??? I think it says quite a bit about our society that many people think this is erotic.  I cannot imagine anyone who has ever had to live through physical or mental cruelty as a child or an adult wanting more of it - I know I don't!  End of story.
BUT I love the title - and those of us who paint have made many jokes about trying to achieve 50 shades of grey.... the above layout is done on Basic Grey papers with lots of this and that.  The photo is of my husband and his twin.
In the same spirit, that is, 50 shades of Basic Grey, here is a layout I did a while back on Basic Grey paper but I made the origami  hydrangeas from fabric scraps
Hope your day is filled with joy and sunshine!
Chris


3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeee both of these!!!! LOVING that photo on the first one and the origami on the second one!!!

Paper Issues said...

Love these pages Chris, especially how you used colour.
We featured your Boys page on Paper Issues today, thanks so much for linking us up :-)

kate blue said...

Chris-I've been bad and haven't been by in awhile! OMG-the deer are gorgeous! and about that 50 Shades, let's just say that I read the trilogy since everyone was on the bandwagon. It was my 1st time reading erotica and my last. I like cops, murders and mysteries so I'll stick to that!