Saturday, November 2, 2013

Life starts all over again........

"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall"
- F. Scott Fitzgerald

It's not exactly crisp here in south Florida but it has definitely cooled off and the light has changed dramatically.  I have a few little fall corners in my house.


I love The Art of Abundance - whenever I feel a bit frustrated or my skills or funds don't match up with my expectations, I randomly open the book and find something that reminds me of all the abundance in my life. I haven't blogged much this summer (to be honest, I haven't blogged at all) but it's been a strange year with lots of unexpected expenses and issues.  Thankfully things seem to be quieting down now.  I have been quilting a lot (I made an applique quilt this summer and will blog about it soon) and there's a new quilt right now being quilted on my ironing board (I discovered that quilting on the ironing board is a really good thing!) and a wall sized crazy quilt is taking shape

so things are definitely happening around here.
And of course, I hope you noticed Mr. Squirrel up there - we had a new squirrel family move into one of the oaks in our backyard - I guess they decided the tree was now tall enough that they would be safe from the neighborhood cats. I have been painting lots of animals and will share some of my techniques in a future post.
 
 I hope you have had a good summer and  I look forward to welcoming you back into my studio, my home, and my life.
Always,
Chris

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee the photos and love love love that squirrel!!!!!