Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Scrapping again





I was inspired to scrap again after seeing some of the great youtube videos on National Scrapbooking Day last weekend. And there are lots of contests out there in conjunction with that. So I saw a watercolor challenge on scrapbook.com and decided to embellish a watercolor painting I did of orchids. I used vintage Prima caravan and cancan flowers and painted them and some metal elements with Prima Finnabair red rust paste. I started to think about a title and remembered the wonderful quote by Lady Bird Johnson: "When flowers bloom, there is hope." I found a perfect brad to add. I had forgotten how much fun scrapping and mixed media are, and how much I love to do them as well as how totally inspired I feel in all areas. So I have done a couple more layouts and a card to share in the next day or two. I ordered a few new flowers and toys, and can hardly wait to receive them and play.
Go forth and create - what are you making today?

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! And you are back, better than ever!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this! Just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!