Friday, May 20, 2016

Street LIfe as an inspiration






Still playing with watercolor and scrapping/mixed media - I was inspired by the challenge on Finnabair's blog to use a quotation as an inspiration for a layout but had a bit of trouble figuring out what to create. Then as I was cleaning the studio on Wednesday (after we had over 10 inches of rain on Tuesday afternoon and I had moved everything off the floor of my studio as I was concerned that the water might come into the house - thankfully it did not.) as I came across an old watercolor practice sheet where I had been practicing painting figures walking in the city - "Street Life" was born!

"Art is everywhere except it has to pass through a creative mind."
                               - Louise Nevelson

"Play the street life, because there's no place I can go,
Street life,
it's the only life I know.
Street life,
there's a thousand parts to play.
Street life,
Until you play your life away."
       ----Crawford and Samples

I enhanced the sheet of figures with some coffee stains applied with the bottom of my cup and then some drips. I added the photo and than searched for the right buttons and other embellishments in my stash. I painted the little motorcycle key ring bob with some Finnabair red rust paste (love it!) and inked the edges of the paper. I made a few more figures to cut out and apply on top of the photo and just played the afternoon away. What fun!

Hope you like it and now I am off to link to Finnabair's blog - check it out - she and her DT always post such fabulous stuff.

Be back tomorrow with another new layout. ttfn

6 comments:

Gryczová Denisa said...

Love your street life assamblage! Coffee stains are a perfect background. So cool and chic. Thanks for playing along with Finnabair.

Athanasia said...

Awesome page! I love it! Thank you for playing along with us at Finnabair blog!

Kasia Bogatko said...

Thank you for playing with Finnabair :)

Gayle Price said...

Love your page ! It's fresh and exciting and so creatively put together.

Olga Siedlecka said...

This is a true inventive piece. Love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the 'people' and all the buttons!!!!!!!!!