Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Remember Spring - for July Prima BAP and for Scrapafrica







if earth laughs in flowers
then azaleas are a belly laugh
proclaiming that Spring is here!

I have been pondering what to create for the July Prima BAP
challenge since I first saw the sketch
Whenever I do a challenge, I carefully read
the requirements and list them on paper
If there is a sketch to follow, I hand sketch it out
Then I let it soak in
If certain colors or elements are listed
I make a little pile of them and shuffle them around
just trying to get a feel for where to go with all of it
I had listed several challenges to try this month
along with the Prima ones, including the one from Scrapafrica
As I was playing with placement of some photos
that I had taken of our azalea bushes
and lining them up
I got to thinking about one long photo that ran across the page
so I played a bit with that idea and printed one out
I then painted a loose painting of azaleas and laid the photo
across it
Playing with some flowers
I quickly realized how similar the 2 sketches were
and decided to play on that
I painted a Prima flower and a Finnabair flower
with watercolor paints to match the photo
and then built up the little floral gardens 
diagonally across the page
Every ingredient is Prima (other than the watercolor paper and
the Pilot pen that I used to write with)
The watercolors are mostly Prima the Classics
but a few from Decadent Pies
I used the Prima watercolor brushes
The flowers are 100% Prima from
the Free Spirit, Stationers Desk, Finnabair alterable,
 and another unknown vintage package
in the background are Christine Adolph rub-on daisies
the chipboard pieces are vintage Prima Meadowlark
the little end pieces are from the Salvage District  6x6 paintables
This was a labor of love
a reminder of how much I love
the exuberant explosion of our azalea bushes in Spring
Thanks for looking
ttfn 

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING all the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsaima Eirini said...

So beautiful and all those flowers are gathered together so good!!Good luck and thenk you for joining us in Scrap Africa!!

Anonymous said...

Love the flowers and the rich colour! Thank you for playing with Scrap Africa :)

Unknown said...

How beautiful LO !, so fresh, cheerful and colorful ... Thank you for joining Scrap Africa !!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a clever and gorgeous design and the result so pretty and fragrant! Just beautiful! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

Mary Tzalla said...

Beautiful lo! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Two things I admire, firstly I so admire your poetic script Chris; you sure love literature I think (smile) and secondly what a fabulous art work! The azaleas and flowers arrangement are so beautiful. Thank you for joining Scrap Africa July challenge and hope to see you again this month Chris. Have a happy great scrappy crafty moments always!
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
Scrap Africa Design Team
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}