Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Shrine to the Goddess Indigo - for Finnabair Inspired by Denim challenge






A Shrine for the Goddess Indigo
goddess of the warp and the weave
of the living and the dyeing
protector of blue jean babies and L A ladies

I had so much fun (and anguish) creating this little shrine
I was inspired by Finnabair's challenge
Inspired by denim
It's hard to see but the background is a piece of denim cloth
that I stamped with a Finnabair stamp
and then painted with rust paste and acrylic paint
I added lots of metal including 
a Finnabair mechanical heart
and layered on the top 
one of my favorite treasures
"The Face" by Diana Briegleb
lots of gel medium
and then beads
the frame is actually 2 small frames
that were given to me - no glass - just the frame
I hot glued them together
sanded them and added daubs of 
rust paste and acrylic paint
Hope you like it
ttfn

5 comments:

Gryczová Denisa said...

Adore your super cool denim goddess! Love your detailed background and the grungy frame! Great job! Thanks for playing along with Finnabair.

Athanasia said...

Beautiful work, I love all the little details! Thank you for joining the Denim fun at Finnabair blog!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!! This is amazing!!!!!!

Linda M. Cain said...

Great job. Lovely detail.

Olga Siedlecka said...

Beautiful piece! Thanks for joining the Finnabair Denim Challenge!