Sunday, July 10, 2016

Ticket to Paradise - Whitewith1 challenge






So here's my layout for the current http://whitewith1.blogspot.ca/ challenge
white with a blue called Blue Island Paradise
I totally played on the name of the color
my photo is of a resort on Paradise Islands in the Bahamas
we visited there in the 1980's
but you won't find it there now
at least not looking like this
It became part of Atlantis
the hotel is still there but this lovely little building
which was a French restaurant is no longer there.
I used watercolor paints and crayons for the background
those are real shells from our travels
and then I added beads attached with gel medium
I love how the gel medium dries almost invisibly
the 2 bulkhead remnants are some broken pieces of
paper clay that I molded with an IOD baroque mold
it was my first attempt and they didn't come out great
but I think they have a charm of their own
Hope you like it
Check back tomorrow for more blue and blue and blue
ttfn

7 comments:

Tania said...

Beautiful page, love the shells! Thanks for joining us at WW1 :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the shells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

Beautiful layout. Thanks for joining in with us at WW1. :-)

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

The shells and beads are an amazing touch. Really great layout!

Jane said...

What a great page! The inclusion of shells are an inspiration! Thank you so much for joining in with White … with 1 this month.

Heidi said...

Love the stencil, great take on the challenge, thanks for joining us at WW1

The Scrapbooker's Confetti Box said...

very very pretty and I love all the little beads in between the shells